1748001 Members
4519 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

ML330 G3 Keyboard goes off-line

Tim_361
Advisor

ML330 G3 Keyboard goes off-line

Hi, an install of an HP ML330 G3.. a few times now the HP supplied keyboard has gone off-line and we need to reboot server to get it back. Running Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP with all Windows and HP updates. From remote management, I can see the server is working just fine. The keyboard lights are off and plugging in out and then does nothing. I cannot do a control-alt-delete to log in to the server. It looks like I can reboot through SBS's remote management -- if at all possible, I'd like to restore the keyboard usage without rebooting. Anyone exprience this? Any work-arounds?
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Tim_361
Advisor

Re: ML330 G3 Keyboard goes off-line

Whoops... it seems that perhaps the keyboard is indeed working... I plugged a USB keyboard in and have some lights on it. So, my thinking is that it might be the LCD monitor. Turning monitor on/off seems to not help. Monitor works off another video source, so it's not the monitor. Screen remains a light to med-blue with nothing on it, and no response to ctrl-alt-delete. SBS2003 server remains running and accessable through remote web workplace. Is it the on-board video in the ML330 G3. Any way tio refresh this/// without rebooting server?