1752309 Members
5967 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML330 G3 System Fan Error Persistant 1611 failure

Paul Darling

ML330 G3 System Fan Error Persistant 1611 failure

Hello,

I have a Proliant ML330 G3 server that one day when rebooted the pre boot error 1611 came up stating system fan failure, and it will only reboot, cannot get past it.

So I ordered 2 new exact replacement fans, one for a spare, and installed and tried both, but the amber light next to the system fan connector still comes on, and system will not get past the 1611 error.

Please help as I need to get this server up and running again ASAP.

If you need any other info please let me know and will get it right away.

Thanks Paul
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ML330 G3 System Fan Error Persistant 1611 failure

all the issues relates with 1611 is just reseating or replacing

well try reseating other components like Power supply, SB sometimes not tight components can cause weird things like that

see this it's another model
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1104312

if it is posible (i think you can pass by that message 1611) update firmwares using
Firmware Maintenance CD
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27225.html

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Paul Darling

Ok, I have pulled the MB from the case, checked all mounting items, and everything is tight, it was tight, and I checked every items and seated everything down. At this time I do not have any extra PCI cards or items connected. Only thing is power supply, fan, and memory.
I cannot upgrade the firmware, the 1611 error comes up before the system will do anything.
After some testing I found that if you unplug the green wire from the fan assm, which seems to be speed controller the fan comes on full speed, even the original first one does, and still the small amber light, and the 1611 system fan failer message and it will only reboot by itself.
This leads me to think something like the fan sensor chip failed on the MB, does that sound likely?
Please help.
Paul
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

mmm do you have any other server like that?

just to check this

"This leads me to think something like the fan sensor chip failed on the MB, does that sound likely?"

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Paul Darling

Yes we have 2 other ML330 G3's here. But they are in service, one is email server, and other is SQL database server.

Umm if I come in on weekend I could do something, how and what were you thinking I should test.

Also keep in mind I have 3 fans I have tested on the MB that is not working. 2 new fans and the one that was in it. If I remove the green wire out of the clip that attaches to the MB all 3 fans come on full speed, but the amber light still comes on, and the 1611 error "system fan failure" is still there. So if this was a test of the fans, I know they work.

Please let me know.
Thanks
Paul