108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML330 G3 and W2000 Professional

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jose EZCARAY
Occasional Contributor

ML330 G3 and W2000 Professional

I'm attempting to install W2000 Professional using Smart Start V7.10 in a new Proliant ML330 G3 Server with 3x72GB SCSI disks and 1xSA641. When I arrive to choose the Operating System, does not appears the W2000 Professional option. Please, do you know a workaround to this?. Many Thanks in advance.
Jose Ezcaray
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML330 G3 and W2000 Professional

Hi Jose,

you're trying to install a Workstation OS on a Server. SmartStart only supports Server OSes. Win2K pro is not supported on any Proliant, but if you really want to install it, there's a workaround that should work:
- Configure your array using either SmartStart or the Array Controller's BIOS (F8)
- Download this driver, and extract all files to a floppy
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/19606.html

- Boot from the Windows CD directly. During Windows setup, when it asks you to "Press the F6 key if you need to install a third party SCSI RAID driver", press F6. Then press S at the next screen, and use the disk you created above.

When Windows is installed, you can apply the SupportPack from the SmartStart CD, but again, I'm not sure if the drivers will work under W2K-Pro, and it is NOT a supported OS on a Proliant.

Regards,
Stephen
Jose EZCARAY
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML330 G3 and W2000 Professional

Thanks to Stephen Kebbell, I installed W2000 Prof. in a server ML330G3 whithout problems.

Jos