ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753380 Members
5591 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 G3 can't install SBS2003

Kathy Chatterton

ML330 G3 can't install SBS2003

I recently wiped the OS from this machine and using the most recent Smart Start CD I am attempting to install SBS 2003, but booting from the CD into the installation, Windows does not see hard drives and stops despite installing the raid drivers when asked by Windows. Using SS Cd, I get to the part where I can proceed to install the OS and it hangs there, does not proceed. I have a CSB-6 Ultra ATA IDE Raid controller which SStart sees, but ACU does not see any other array controller. At this point I would love to just get rid of the raid config and use some other backup method. Is there a way I can just bypass the raid and get a clean access to the hard drives?? It's making me nuts!
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

reason why SS does not detect HDDs is because SS does not support that controller server has "Ultra ATA IDE Raid" you need to install windows manually adding drivers using F6 or using nlite (you can research about this tool at forum or google)

you have to use this driver
HP ProLiant CSB-6 ATA-100 IDE RAID

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-71a3f444fd074399ac9ba09a2d&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Kathy Chatterton

I did as you suggested and I got that driver. When I manually load SBS2003 I can't use the F6 key for some reason despite using F lock but there is another option to load that driver later in the installation after some other drivers load, by pressing S. The software finds the disk drive, sees the driver and loads it. However, shortly afterwards it terminates loading Windows because it says it cannot find a hard drive. What does it need now??
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you can use nlite

just do a research on the forum using nlite and you will get a lot of info

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!