ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752788 Members
6298 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 G3 cant load os

KAPABLE-K

ML330 G3 cant load os

Hey guys i just got a ml330 g3 and i cant get any windows os to load i didnt get any cd's with the system just the machine and i cant figure out how to get it to load the os i have 1 hd installed a 40gig i'm tryin to load windows 2003 server i think the problem is i cant get the drivers for the raid to install i download the drivers for the site put it on a floppy and press f6 and it keeps askin me to inserst manufactures setup disk.
8 REPLIES 8
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Download the latest SmartStart CD for your server available here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5548.html#69

This contains all of the required drivers for the server. Boot off the CD and follow the options to install an Operating System.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
KAPABLE-K

Hi i tried that i went throught the steps i saw it went to the end it said it is
eraising...
creat partation
copy drivers

then the machine reboots i take out the smart start cd and replace it witht he windows 2003 cd sometimes it tells me ntldr is missing.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

> sometimes it tells me ntldr is missing

There isn't a floppy in the drive when that happens is there...? If so take it out !

Cheers,

Rob

KAPABLE-K

no there is no floppy when i get that msg
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

after smartstart has formatted, partition etc, it will ask you to put your OS cd in (not to reboot). after the initial installation package has installed it will reboot itself automatically. Leave your OS cd in the drive when it reboots. go into the BIOS and change the boot order to 1, CD - 2, floppy - 3, hard disk.

Now when it reboots it will continue the istallation normally,

good luck!
KAPABLE-K

ok smartstart shows its formatting then after a bit it reboots on its own it dosent ask me to put in the os disk
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

hmm thats odd and interesting, didnt happen with my ml370 g2. have u tried performing a clean install by simply booting from the OS cd?
KAPABLE-K

ok after a few attempts i got it to work it turns out that the floppy was bad so i put in a new floppy boot from cd with windows in the cd it starts to load i press f6 to load the raid drivers it loads windows setup finds the hard drive i format it it goes to 100% then it tell me windows cannot complete the format so i figure might be bad hd so i put in a new one and same thing.

How i put in a scsi card and drive load windows xp on it ok i installed the raid drivers for the ata it installed ok wheni tried to farmat the hd it goes to 100% then it says cannot complete the format so i'm stauck at this part now.