1748182 Members
3524 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 G3 disk question/problem

Richard W.
Advisor

ML330 G3 disk question/problem

I have just started doing some work for a small company with a HP Proliant ML330, at the server I get the error message from MEGAMON "New media error found on primary slave". First is Megamon a HP utility that came with the server? Disk manager does show one drive is not working and I can not bring it back on line. The controller is an Adaptec 19160, the only identification I can find on the drive type is LSI Megaide 40GB. The 40 GB is about full (surprise) so I think the best bet would be to replace both drives with much larger and faster drives. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? ghost to new drives, should I get a new controller. any thoughts, suggestions or anything I can read would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have not rebooted this server, kind of leery to do it right now
thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Richard W.
Advisor

does anyone have any advice ?
Richard W.
Advisor

I have an update, just in case someone can help a little.
It is a LSI Megamon embedded IDE RAID controller, the 40 GB slave did fail. I replaced it with another 40GB drive and when I hit F8 for the RAID utility then selected the rebuild option I got "Invalid Source / Target" How do I get it to rebuild? After it does rebuild (wait a few days)can I replace the IDE drives one at a time and do another rebuild using larger drives? Can I put a 3rd drive in this array? I have the book but it is a little vague on how to rebuild. Thanks for any thoughts......