1752777 Members
6115 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML330 G3 will not boot with external SCSI drives attached

a05mja1
Established Member

ML330 G3 will not boot with external SCSI drives attached

I am trying to use a old Sun StorEdge MultiPack  and an LSI scsi card. I am also using the embedded IDE raid. I am installintg CentOS on the IDE array and using the StorEdge Drives as storage. My problem is that when the StorEdge is attached to the scsi card the server will not boot to the OS. As soon as I remove the cable and restart the server boot fine into CentOs. I have my boot settings are set to use the IDE first, and I have tried to move the scsi card into different slots all resulting in the same action. It gets through the post and them just sits there with a flashing cursor.

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Disable the LSI SCSI card in the Standard Boot Order (IPL) in the server RBSU and check if the issue is resolved.

To access the RBSU menu, restart the server and press the ‘F9’ key. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the menu and press the enter key to access it. Select the PCI based LSI SCSI controller and disable it and press ‘F10’ to save changes and exit.

Regards

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

a05mja1
Established Member

That didn't work for me. If I disable the card in the PCI section, then the card does not show up at all and I get boot errors when my Centos tryes to load. I even get the same errors when I try and boot from a install cd. 

Could the LSI card be incompatible iwth the ML330, it is not a HP card and I am nto suire where it is from.