1748011 Members
4799 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 starts but no display

svar

ML330 starts but no display

Hi

I have a ML330 server---Pentium III, 866 Mhz, 576 mb ram. I was trying to install NT server 4.0 but the harddrives in it were not recognized and came up with message no harddrive even though I had one SCSI and 3 IDE drives in there which previously worked with win 2000.
I just opened the cover to check if all connections were correct and then closed the cover and tried to boot but the display never comes up. Tried several times and checked the connections but nothing seems to work. Every time I startup there is 3 beeps one short and two long but there is no display.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
svar
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Hello svar,

That code is for Memory Module!

You might have to pull the memory and reseat it.

Good Luck.
Mark
svar

Hello Mark

I did try pulling out and putting back the memory modules but that did not work but again second time I tried doing the same with the drives and memory and it did work. Thanks for the suggestion I have awarded you points.

However I am still having the problem with the harddrives being not recognized.I managed to install NT server 4.0 with the smart start guided install CD that came with server. The BIOS shows one scsi, one sata and two ide hd's at boot time but the NT OS just recognizes the scsi drive on which the OS is installed. I did download and install the "ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0" hoping this would fix but still luck....Any suggestions.

Thanks
svar
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

How big are the hard drives. NT4 sees small drives 2 gig hd as I remember. Maybe I am wrong but I had a Compaq Proliant 1000 as I recall and it would see nothing larger than a 2gig. I put five 1gig drives in it and then it found all of them.
Win2000 would be a better choice. It sees larger drives and runs great.

I hope you can get it running.

Take Care svar and let me know.

If your bored or have other questions you can point it to bnonut@yahoo.com and use your system as a subject!

Sincerely, Mark