ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753734 Members
4427 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 1st generation. processor upgrade! helppppp!!!!

Simon Marshall

ML350 1st generation. processor upgrade! helppppp!!!!

just got hold of above proliant server. at the moment running with one 733Mhz slot one pentium III. does anyone know the maximum speed it can be upgraded too? given server with no manuals. hp website only seems to cover 1Ghz and above spec's. Can slot one processor adaptor cards be used?
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 1st generation. processor upgrade! helppppp!!!!

Hello simon,
You can go upto PIII933 with the current model you have. The option P/N for the CPU is :
P933 Pentium III 256K Processor Option Kit (Retired 6/30/01) 161086-B21. I am sure you should be able to use the Adapter Card with CPU but how that would perform that's yet to be seen. Usually COMPAQ/HP server have specific thermal specifications with their servers. Keeping that in mind I would not know how stable your system would be if you use CPU adapter. I dont know which operating system you have installed on the system but assuming W2K. Here is the link for related software for your system:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1120.html

Regards,
E. Kok

Made me wonder,

i've got the same server, a ML350T01 P600-2569GHP EURO to be exact.
1. Can I upgrade (replace) the processor for a P933?
2. How about a second processor; I've been offered a 667Mhz, can a 600 and a 667 work together (at 600 Mhz that is)?
3. If I replace the processor for a faster one, how do I alter the clock-frequency?

Regards, Ed
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi

maximum procesor speed of a ml350 g1 is 933 mhz (bios will NOT support faster versions)
-------------------------------------------
NEVER mix processor speeds - the L1 and L2 cache synchronization requires identical processor core speeds (otherwise you will get blue screens and corrupt data)
-------------------------------------------
you cannot use adapter cards because the bios will see a non supported processor and give you a nice message:

805 - unsupported processor - system halted
--------------------------------------------
however, you may have different steppings when using two cpus of same speed and cache size

best regards from germany
ernesto
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This will help you.

Pentium III P1000-256K (FC-PGA) Processor Option Kit
Option Part NO : 207068-B21

Which is supported for same server

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible