1752617 Members
4308 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 Boot Menu

LoS_1

ML350 Boot Menu

When restarting the server, during the boot process, it will stop at a menu with 4 options. I can't think of them right now, but the first option (f1) is to continue booting.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to disable this menu, so that the server boots into windows if it does a restart or power failure.

Anyone know where I can look? I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

How many power supplies are connected to the server?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There will be a reason why the system has halted, hence the F1 prompt etc.

If you believe everything is configured correctly but want to continue after the F1 prompt, or want to disable it then proceed as follows:-

If this is a ML350 G2 or above system (G3,G4 etc) then press F9 when prompted after POST and go to the Advanced section, then POST F1 Prompt. Set this to "Delayed" and the system will boot after giving the prompt for 20 seconds.

If this is a ML350 G1 then you need to enter the System Configuration Utility (SCU) by pressing F10 when the cursor jumps to the top right of the screen (or by booting from Smartstart 5.50 CD). Once in the SCU press CTRL-A to enter advanced mode.
Go to Configure Hardware - View and Edit Details. In the Advanced Settings section you can disable the F1 prompt. Exit and save this change.

I hope this helps.

Brian.
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

If you have 2 power supplies, both must be connected to the power cord...that is simple...if you have two PSupplies...just keep both connected and the F1 prompt will be removed!
LoS_1

The Server is a G3. The power supplies are both plugged in and working.

I don't see any errors during booting.

When I set it on "delayed" can you set the time too? or does it default to 20 secs?

Thanks for everything.

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There are just two settings in the Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU) for the F1 prompt.

Enabled - system halts at F1 prompt
Delayed - it waits 20 seconds and then boots.

The time delay cannot be changed.

Please see attached image - taken from the RBSU User Guide.

Brian