cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 ESXi 4.1 SIM

Paul Quirk
Occasional Contributor

ML350 ESXi 4.1 SIM

On the download page for the HP ML350 G5 there is a link HP System Insight Manager that lists that it is compatible with ESXi 4.1.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&prodTypeId=0&prodSeriesId=1121586&swLang=8&swEnvOID=4091

The file download is an RPM file. To my knowledge, RPM files do not install on ESXi (or ESX) is this file download incorrect? Or are there some (proper) instructions somewhere to install it?
2 REPLIES
SMR
Valued Contributor

Re: ML350 ESXi 4.1 SIM

Hi,

If you download ESXi from software.hp.com it will have integrated WBEM providers. No need to install anything, simply install ESXi, once done go to SIM and subscribe to WBEM events from that host and you're done.

You can download the HP version of ESXi at vmware.com too. If you download the standard VMWare ESXi version, it won't come with the preinstalled management software.

Cheers!
Paul Quirk
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML350 ESXi 4.1 SIM

Seems the best option is to install the official VMWare build and then install the HP Offline bundle. On the HP ESXi install I just have the CPU and HDD status, on the VMWare ESXi build I have CPU, PSU, system temp and fan speed... between the two I have a full set of monitors... don't know why HP seems to strip the standard CIM providers out...