ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G1 2GB RAM hangs during posting of large files...

David Kalling
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G1 2GB RAM hangs during posting of large files...

I have a Compaq ML350 G-1 system with 2GB RAM and 250GB HDD installed. We are running Netware 4.11 (gee...everything about our shop is old) and the server functions very well normally. (Small shop, 4-users max). Every once in a while, the server locks up or hangs, and it is always associated with the copying of some large amount of data...either TO or FROM the server. As an example of LARGE, on a dialy basis, we backup our QUICKBOOKS directory to the server, and this is approximately 46MB in size.

I am thinking at this point, that perhaps the 10/100 MB Ethernet card in the server and/or the 10/100 switch may be the culprits, and have begun to think in terms of GB ethernet in both places.

Can someone indicate whether or not they think that I am on the right track. Are there any other areas that I might look in to resolve this problem. I would appreciate some wisdom and insight on this problem.

Thanks....Dave Kalling
1 REPLY
Scott_59
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML350 G1 2GB RAM hangs during posting of large files...

Hi Dave,

I suspect you are copying from a Windows workstation to the Novell server? If the workstation is W2K or XP do you see anything in the event logs corresponding to the copy ?

Scott