ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
5991 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G1 Does not Power On

bfkidd

ML350 G1 Does not Power On

ML350 G1 933 Seems like I have either an issue with the power button, power supply, or both.

It powers on for a second, fans start, cd light comes on, then powers off. This process keeps repeating. I have unplugged everything from the power supply. I have even removed the power switch. As soon as I plug it in, it start cycling again.

Plugging in the power switch and holding it in, crossing wires, whatever makes no difference.

Is there any other type of power supply that can be used?

I do have a G2 available that I may start swapping parts with.
7 REPLIES 7
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

pls do not use the psu from G02, only use the same spare!

bfkidd

I meant the power switch but I have determined that not to be the problem.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that it is a Power Supply issue before I purchase a replacement.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would consider a bad fan also. I guess you should see a message on the screen, but the server will power off after some seconds. Maybe this is not enough to read anything.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
bfkidd

It isn't the fan.

I have replaced one of those before and am familiar how the server reacts when it doesn't think the fan is operating.
steve52

I am having the same issue with a GL2. Last week it was powering off at different time increments and now it is experiencing the same symptoms as yours. If you find out what it is, I'd be interested to know what you find.
steve52

Found out my problem was with the external part of the power button. When I took it apart and pressed the power switch(without the spring and button) it booted right up and has been on since. Good luck!
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

I've seen this same behaviour with many servers I've troubleshoot, and in 99% of the cases a replacement of the system board has fixed the issue, of course I recomend you to clear NV-RAM first and then proceed.

Cheers
RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!