ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745807 Members
3669 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G10 - How to Power 6250 Tape Drive?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jorlain
Occasional Collector

ML350 G10 - How to Power 6250 Tape Drive?

Hello everyone!

I'm sure someone will know this off the top of their head, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer that will work.

I'm presently configuring an ML350 G10 for a client. This client also wanted to run a tape drive again, so we opted for an Ultrium 6250. The tape drive requires additional power from a 4-pin molex connector. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to power it for the life of me. There appears to be some 6-pin power plugs that are located behind the power supplies that I can only guess are for interal power requirements. That being said, I'm not having a lot of luck finding the proper adapters that adapt from the 6-pin to the 4-pin molex. Or I might just be barking up the wrong tree all together.

If anyone could shine some light on the situation, I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks!
Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: ML350 G10 - How to Power 6250 Tape Drive?

Hi,

Please refer to the QuickSpecs of this server:
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00021852enw
HPE StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 External Tape Drive & HPE LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 Internal Tape Drives are compatible.

Please check some additional requirements for installing Tape Drive in the QuickSpecs:
HPE ML350 Gen10 RDX/LTO Media Drive Support Cable Kit with Fan Blank for Long LTO (Extended) 874570-B21
NOTE: Supporting cables to add additional RDX/tape devices for data backup or archiving.
NOTE: RDX/tape devices to be ordered separately
NOTE: In the case when LTO Internal Tape or Internal Disk Based Back up (RDX) is selected along with the Fan Redundant Kit, Fan#1 will need to be removed and the Fan Blank provided in this option kit will need to be installed in Fan#1 location

Refer to "Media device cabling"
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00036357en_us

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Jorlain
Occasional Collector

Thank you very much! That was the info I needed.

Best regards,
Mike

Donda
Occasional Visitor

Does this kit also require a dedicated storage controller? Or can the The controller be used for the tape drive AND internal disk?
spinmaker
Visitor

Did you find a cable that works? I have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a dedicated controller
Anonymous
Not applicable

The media kit listed in the other reply, 874570-B21. You also need a dedicated controller.