1753368 Members
5049 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G2 Not booting

DavidBrookes
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G2 Not booting

I have an old HP Proliant ML350 G2 server which used to boot fine which has decided not to boot. When power is connected to it, it powers up with the Power LED green but there is no display and does not seem to boot. If I hit the power button on the front, it seems to switch off and the Power LED goes Orange then if I hit the power button, the server starts to power up but then power does with the Power LED going green then orange. Please help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 G2 Not booting

Hi David,

would like ask few questions before I share my experience to troubleshoot power issues on ML350 G2 server.

Do you have power supply redundancy?

What is the Status of External Health LED?

What is the Power Supply LED status?

Did you swap the power supply or checked with one power supply at a time in case of power supply redundancy?

Please take a look at the following support article available on HP website to troubleshoot Power Issues from LED status.

Title: HP ProLiant ML/DL Series Server - How to Troubleshoot No Power Issues
Document ID: emr_na-c02964341-1

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=316596&spf_p.tpst=psiContentDisplay&spf_p.prp_psiContentDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02964341%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Please share your observations.

Thanks,

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

DavidBrookes
Occasional Contributor

No power supply redundancy - external Health LED is off and the MB Power Supply LED is Green. Do not have a spare power supply to test.

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the info.

If Power Supply LED is Green then we may have to open the Server casing and inspect the server LEDs on internal/system board components.

• Power drain the server by disconnecting power cable and holding the power button down for 15 secs.
  • Reseat the Power Supply into another Slot and check.
  • Bring the server down to minimum configuration (1 pair of memory, processor etc.) to further isolate.
  • AC Power LED on system board indicates the power situation. So please check the status.
  • ML350 G2 has Power Supply backplane Board which is the next part to be suspected/isolated.

Please refer to service and maintenance guide for ML350 G2 for LED status, reseating or replacment procedure.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01129717/c01129717.pdf

Please refer to HP Guided Troubleshooting (www.hp.com/support/hpgt)  which has step by step troubleshooting for No power issue on ML350 G2 server.

Hope this helps,

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo