Did you mean: 

ML350 G3 6 HDD's raid0

SOLVED
Go to solution
peternl
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G3 6 HDD's raid0

Hi,

I've found an old server ML350 G3 with 6 (18,2 & 36,4) HDD available. Now i want to use them in a raid 0 configuration for maximum space. Altough i see in Smartstart that there are 6 HDD's available, i see with explorer only drive "C'. What must i do to see the other 5.

gr. Peter
3 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML350 G3 6 HDD's raid0

hi

Can you check the Array Configuration Utility to check the RAID level configured on the server using those HDDs?
using that utility you can check the RAID level and create new RAIDs or do any other change

and other thing you have 6 18,2 GB HDDs and 6 36,4 HDDs 12 in total?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
peternl
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've 4 x 18,2 and 2x 36,4 HDD. Tomorrow i'll check your other suggestion. I'll let you know i've i'm further.

gr. Peter
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Using ACU (Array Configuration Utility) you can configure the array.

However, it is not a very good idea to configure the RAID 0 (any type: 1, 5, 6) array with all the 6 hard drives since they are different in sizes.

Always, when arrays are created using disks of different sizes, the capacity of the lowest capacity hard drive will be taken.

For e.g. if you configure RAID with 4 x 18 GB & 2 x 36 GB drives, only 18 GB will be utilized from the 2 x 36 GB drives as well. So, total of 36 GB will not be utilized in the array.

Hope it helps.