1752790 Members
5930 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 G3 / Ghost 2003 / Iomega USB HDD Problems

Jerry L. Thomsen

ML350 G3 / Ghost 2003 / Iomega USB HDD Problems

Hello,

I'm having a couple of problems with a ML350 G3 server.

I'm trying to use Ghost 2003 to back up a partition on a ML350 G3 to an Iomega 250GB USB HDD drive and I can't get it to work.

I've successfully used Ghost 2003 to back up another ML350 with the same internal configuration but it was a G2 model.

Here are the two problems I seem to have:

1) Whenever I connect the Iomega to the G3's USB port I can't boot off the floppy or the CDROM.

2) When I do boot off the Ghost created floppy or CD (with the Iomega disconnected) PC DOS can't recognize the G3's USB or HP Smart Array 532 controllers.

I even modified the PC DOS's config.sys to use the smrtscsi.sys DOS driver but it still won't recognize the 532 controller.

The G2 model didn't need me to do anything special to get it to work. Ghost recognized its USB and 532 controllers with no problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jerry L. Thomsen
1 REPLY 1
Jerry L. Thomsen

Re: ML350 G3 / Ghost 2003 / Iomega USB HDD Problems

I could not get the ML350 G3 to boot up Ghost correctly with the Iomega attached so I loaded the old Server's backup onto a desktop PC and connected it via a crossover LAN cable to the G3 and booted both up using Ghost's PC Dos generated boot disks and was able to transfer the software over.