1752792 Members
5955 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G3: Remote Insight evt. Log: Subsystem error, code 1

Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

ML350 G3: Remote Insight evt. Log: Subsystem error, code 1

I have this old clunker which has had the audacity to die just before it was due to be replaced...

It doesn't boot, the fan goes at full power all the time, the screen stays black.
The only thing that seems to work to some fashion is the RILOE card, which lists the error message in the log.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and if it's possible to fix it?
(It would make transition to the new server easier... )
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Log: Subsystem error, code 1

doesn't say very much :/

have you tried to run the server in minimal config to try to exclude any parts that might have failed?
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

No, the message doesn't say much.
That's why I asked...

;-)

Ripped out the SmartArray 641 card, disconnected the floppy and CD-rom drives, and still no luck.

As it only has a single PSU, that leaves the RILOE card as the only bit that can be removed, still.

I could plug in parts from another server, but the only other ML350 G3 I have just have a 'broken' notice in the form of a post-it on it, and I can't remember what on it was broken...

The RILOE card is one of those ancient models with separate PSU, if anyone wonders.
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Tried replacing memory, CPU and PSU, too.
Nothing worked.

Ended up pulling the RILOE, Smartarray 641 and drives and slotting it all into the 'spares' junker as it seems to only have had a bad 641 and HDDs.