4663 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G4 CDROM failure?

Wildi Martin
Advisor

ML350 G4 CDROM failure?

Hi

I have a ML350G4, on which the CDROM doesn't respond anymore. I can't open it with the Hardware-Button on the front, neither from the OS.
I restarted the Server, but no response too...

Can i do some more checks, or do i have to order a new one?

thanks
mwildi
4 REPLIES 4
SIVAKUMAR.P
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML350 G4 CDROM failure?

Hi Wildi Martin,

Could you try the following steps.

1.update OS-Service pack and F/W
2.Change the Cd-Rom power interface.

if the above process done after the problem stil persists,Changed the CD-ROM Drive.

Shiv.p
24/7 SUPPORT Mobile.No:919841509428
Nick Walton
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have seen some strange behaviour with CDROM drives in a couple of my older Proliant servers... When I once "broke" the operating system due to a failed in situ upgrade I got all sorts of "File not found" errors from the CDROM drive. There was nothing wrong with the hardware. It all turned out to be OS problems.

So, if you can restart, try pressing the hardware eject button while the server is at POST black and white screen stage. That is a good indication if the basic hardware is working. Of course, you could take the CDROM drive out and hook it up to a known good computer and test it there.

HTH,

Nick.
It's got two chances - it will either work or it won't!
Wildi Martin
Advisor

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, i don't have physical access to the server, so i can't try the most things you told me.
I ordered a replacement part from hp, hope, it's done then.

thanks

mwildi
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi mwildi

1. Insert bootable CD in drive and restart the server to boot from CD. If successful, drive hardware is good.

2. If above step is positive,delete the drive in device manager and refresh it with latest driver

3. If server does not boot then drive needs replacement

Regards
Mahesh