1752633 Members
5757 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G4 Shutdown/restart

Ron Freswick
Frequent Advisor

ML350 G4 Shutdown/restart

I have 4 ML350 G4 servers. One of them will reboot with no error's being logged. Single XEON 3.2GHZ processor, 2 GB RAM, Smart Array 641 controller. Everything is up to date using the Firmware maintenance 8.0 and smart start start 7.9 cd's. Windows Server 2003 with all updates. No errors in either the event log or System management. Reboots can happen any time. Some days in will run all day, yesterday it rebooted during backup. Previous day it reboot twice during the day, but ran backup fine. I have turned off ASR for now to see if we can get an error from the BSOD. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G4 Shutdown/restart

Hi,

since there are no problems in the logs and no blue screen till now, I bet on power related issue - power supply or a power backplane(if hot plug). Did you check IML for error "Server power removed" or something like that?

If it was the CPU or DIMMs there would ne probably be a blue screen after you turned ASR off...

Regards
Ron Freswick
Frequent Advisor

Server rebooted at 5:00am. Blank screen. No BSOD. Turned ASR back on. Server does have redundant power supplies. No error in IML, but there is one from a month ago. Error said supplies were no longer redundant, but it is marked as repaired. I could try switching them around, or replacing one.
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

I think the info on this thread will answer your issue: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1167628

Finally, the server went down and hung on post. Observing the system board showed an error on PPM1. Replaced the system board and all checks well. The strange part is that it didn't show up until it started going down more than once a day, and hung on post.
Problem solved and I appreciate all the response's.