3903 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 G4 : ppm1, ppm2, cpu1, cpu2 errors

Mark Meelhuysen2
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G4 : ppm1, ppm2, cpu1, cpu2 errors

Hello,

I have the following problem. The server has 2 powersupplies, hot-plug. When 1 powercord is connected, no errors are shown on the system and mainbordleds. When i connect the second supply the systemled turns red and the ppm1, ppm2, cpu1 and cp2 error leds light up. The server has only 1 cpu. Problems started after shutting down the server for adding an extra scsi card for an external backup unit. At first only ppm1 and cpu1 err lighted up.
I found some other topics, which do not really match this issue. As the server got out of warranty earlier this year ( may 2008) I first want to find out what this exact problem can be before ordering some new parts (as power supply backplane).

Hope someone can help me out here.
1 REPLY 1
Mark Meelhuysen2
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML350 G4 : ppm1, ppm2, cpu1, cpu2 errors

When the problem first appeared (server does not boot since) I noticed it because the server gives a loud alarm for 10/15 seconds and repeats this.
After disconnecting all storage and enabling sw6 I booted the server. After turning it of and disabling sw6 again all the leds turned off and system leds all are green. But the server keeps giving this 15 second audible alarm.