108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G4

SOLVED
Go to solution
simpleminds
Advisor

ML350 G4

HP Tech. changed the motherboard, 2 heatsinks with fan and motherboard fan after 3 days of troubleshooting because it was reporting thermal overheat. After this problem was fixed. The firmware was also updated to 2006

My server reboot midnight last night and it reported an "ASR Detected by System ROM" there is nothing unsual report in the event logs for application or system. Can someone help me with this

Thank you!
16 REPLIES 16
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

What about the IML, if it was overheating againg there should be something in the IML.

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi simpleminds

maybe sometimes happens you're not going to have nothing important on IML but let us know

al I recommend you check this

"ASR Detected by System ROM"
This message indicates that the ProLiant Server ROM detected an ASR timeout. This message is almost always present in the IML when an ASR timeout occurs. If this is the only ASR message logged to the IML, this may
indicate a hardware failure (such as a non-correctable ECC error on a memory DIMM). The ASR feature on a ProLiant server will hard reset the server when the timeout expires, with no software intervention required.

so test you memory modules:

- reseat them
- swap them
- if you have more that 2 modules use minimum configuration I mean 2 more modules
the idea is determine which module is faulty

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi again
I forgot

check this doc, page 34
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00223285/c00223285.pdf}

also install proliant support pack (as a recomendation)

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

no way really sorry

the link again
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00223285/c00223285.pdf

regards
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

If still no luck after that try disabling ASR and keep an eye on the server to see where is it been rebooted or why..

Is it properly cooled and with its covers on place?
simpleminds
Advisor

Thanks to both of you Chongkan and Karlo.
I checked the server IML log and no more new logs other than the ASR error last week.

I'll keep an eye on it!
simpleminds
Advisor

I reseated the memory stick as per the reply below and so far so good!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

cool

glad to hear that

regards
simpleminds
Advisor

Just as I thought that my problem is solved, grrrr!!! I got the "ASR Detected by System ROM" error again on 12/1/07, the system auto restart.

Does anyone has a solution to this issue? I'm running a 2003 server HP Proliant ML350 G4