1753963 Members
7128 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G4p // 5 memory modules and sas cable

Stanislav Dolgushin

ML350 G4p // 5 memory modules and sas cable

Hello
I've bought ML 350 G4p server with 512Mb module inside and SATA HDD in bay.
Next, I bought 4x1Gb memory modules. After installing it, system beeps at the boot step with warning that 5 DIMM error. So is it possible to have 5 modules in system ? Now system can use only 4 Gb of RAM, but not 4,5Gb as installed.

Else, I bought 4xSAS 36Gb drives with Smart Array P600 controller. But now I have a problem - I have no cable to link them together. From HDD bay it's 2 cables with P/N 361316-004 (or spares 389950-001). It has a wide connector at the one side and 4xSATA connector on the other. But I need a cable with 2 wide connectors one per side. How can I get it ? What P/N it has ? And one more Q: on the HDD bay I have 2 wide connectors, 2 cables connected into it and finally I have 8 SATA connectors at the end of cables. But HDD bay is only for 6 devices, not 8 ! So I have 1 SATA and 4 SAS drives, what cables I need to connect them all at the same time ?

Thanks alot!
6 REPLIES 6
ess
Super Advisor

hello .
ram in hp server is interlive. so used in pair
Stanislav Dolgushin

I thought so.. thanks. And what about cables ?
ess
Super Advisor

you have see a bulltine hp abute cable.
Stanislav Dolgushin

Sorry, I didn't understood what you mean.
Stanislav Dolgushin

I found, that I need SAS cable P/N 389662-B21
to connect 4 SAS drives to Smart Array P600 controller (if i have 6 drives, i need 2 cables). And I have 1 SATA drive.
Attention, my question:
How I must place drives in bay (0 slot for sata and 2,3,4,5 slots for sas now) ? What cables I need to connect sata drive to MB, and sas drives to P600 ? I think 1 SAS cable and 1 SATA cable(that came with server) would be enough. Am I right ?
Xavier Boneu_1

Hi Stanislav,

I have read your post at HP forums and I have the same problem with the P600 controller and SATA hard disks.

Did you find the solution? Did you buy the p/n 389662-B21 cable?

How is it? Does it have one wide connector and several SAS connectors?

And finally, what happens with the 6-disk/8-cable issue?

Please, please, please answer me.
I need help.

Sincerely,
Xavier Boneu