1753729 Members
4697 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 301 error AND continuous high pitch beeping

josemar

ML350 G5 301 error AND continuous high pitch beeping

Hi,

Our Server start to continuously beep (although a not continuous tone), exhibit no video and no control trough keyboard (or mouse for that matter).

Remotely I could access to the server and ask for a reboot thinking someone had put a "bag" or something like that over the keyboard.

The server is now unable to boot properly, exhibits in the screen "301 keyboard error" or "304 keyboard or system error" when a keyboard is attached and hangs the post maintaining the beeping on till I turn off the server.

Someone has experience with this type of problem?

I try different keyboards (usb included) only to find the same result.

Searching the web didn't find anything meaningful , Hp Docs are vague in regard to this error .

It was a surprise for a expensive machine as this one couldn't conclude the boot without an keyboard.

Any ideas about how I can solve this problem?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Easiest way seems to be to update the BIOS if not already and to clear NVRAM(jumper on the system board or via the RBSU/BIOS). This will return the system to factory defaults which will eliminate issue with a setting causing you the troubles.

There are some modes which can cause keyboard lock-up but if it isn't an issue to reset the settings to factory defaults you can try it(be sure to choose the option to clear NVRAM only and not erase disks etc. ):

josemar

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have access to the keyboard or mouse (both are dead in regard to this server input), so I can't hit F9 or F8.

What other method can be used to call the RBSU/bios routine??
vasilios_liakos
Occasional Visitor

hello !!

Did you find a solution to the problem? I have the same problem after failing in Bakplain

vasilios_liakos
Occasional Visitor

Hello. Displays the same message and despite all of my efforts I can not restore the original settings to bios. Does not show a signal on the motherboard's graphics card but just add another graphics card it shows that it starts up the server reads the memory recognizes the 2 processors, shows that it has a problem and starts to make beeps continuous. Does anyone have the knowledge to help?

Probably the mainboard has  a problem?

Digitalija

Any news on this topic?

have the same issue. I tried all from the above and also changed all inflated capacitors on the MB.