1753522 Members
7103 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 G5 CR59 System Board LED

Olly Prince

ML350 G5 CR59 System Board LED

Hi,
Today my ML350 G5 completely hung. Upon inspection of the MB I noticed that LED CR59 was lit Red. When I rebooted my server whenever the Led illuminated the whole system froze wherever it was, i.e. booting or in windows. (Sometimes it would freeze a few seconds after turning it on or a few minutes after windows had loaded) I've checked the maintenance documents and no mention of CR59 is made. Does anybody know what the status of that LED means? I fear hardware replacement….

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Olly

I think a picture would be great

thanks
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Olly Prince

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my camera skills are quite appalling and any attempt leaves me with either images hat are too bright or too dark, damn automatic cameras! Anyway the Led is nestled in between the connections for the VGA and Serial ports on the far left hand side of the mother board if you were looking at itâ ¦. Hope this helps! Thanks.
Jonathan Rengifo

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my server, did you came up with a solution? Please help...

Best regards,
Jonathan
Olly Prince

Hi. In the end it turned out to the DVD-ROM drive. I fitted a Sony DVD unit after swapping out the original. I called HP and their on-site techs and ppl in India had no idea. HP actually swapped out the system board, memory, processor, RAID Controller and Drive cage & backplane and the LED still came on. Hope this helps you, it two weeks with HP to sort it out with me!
westonetech

Thanks so much for this post - I had exactly the same problem and your solution worked first time. Saved me and my client a whole ton of hassle.

thatomkt1

Hi

My System Board is showing red CR59 LED and orange CR16 LED and red External Health LED

and therefore it doesnt  boot.

Please come to my rescue

Thato.

Roler

The tip with disconnecting the DVD-Rom Drive worked for me as well! 

THX A LOT!!!!!

We were about to order a new Motherboard for this server...

Fortunately i found this forum entry right before ordering... ;-)

Fabech
Occasional Visitor

Thanks alot! Helped me too.

Disconnected the power of the DVD drive, and the server started.

Have also tried to remove memory, BIOS battery and so on..