Did you mean: 

ML350 G5 - Changing drive cage from SFF to LFF

SOLVED
Go to solution
DJHess
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G5 - Changing drive cage from SFF to LFF

Hi,

We need to move from SFF to LFF drives on this server and ordered a LFF drive cage.  When I try to install it, I notice the power connector receptable on the LFF cage does not accept the existing power cable that plugged into the SFF cage. The are 12 connection points on the power cable but only 10 on the LFF drive cage power receptacle.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks.

Don

4 REPLIES
Priyansha
Valued Contributor

Re: ML350 G5 - Changing drive cage from SFF to LFF

Hi,

Go through the quickspecs link:

http://vb.net/products/HP/12475_div.html

Thank you,
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; www.hp.com/support/hpgt
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03283214

An option cable part for the LFF cage does not appear to be listed in the options part list. This probably indicates that either cable s are same for both SFF and LFF, which obviously does not seem to be the matter as seen in your case. It could be that the cable goes along with the respective hard drive cage itself. Try contacting the reseller from whom the cage was bought for a possible resolution.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HP
To say thanks click the white "thumbs up" icon below!!!
DJHess
Occasional Contributor

I am thinking that perhaps the ML 350 G5 that ships with SFF cage has a different "power distrubution unit" compared with the units that ship with LFF cage.  I found this part number but there is no indication of whether this works with SFF or LFF cage.

HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Power Distribution Unit P/N 396270-001

DJHess
Occasional Contributor
Solution

OK, looks like the solution is that the existing power cable works with either drive cage, even if for the LFF drive cage all the pins on the power connector are not used.  Thanks!