1752794 Members
6396 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 E200i problem

cipo

ML350 G5 E200i problem

Hy,
I have one HP ML350 G5 server with SmartArray E200i with 4 146GB SAS harddrives. In this moment the server is down because server crash with logical drive error. All 4 hdd is configured in RAID 1+0. Error message is logical drive must be re-enable, press F1 to continue, press F2 ti re-enable..... Why? I don't know.
In ADU, report say: replace all 4 hdd... i don't think so..
But ACU say: re-enable logical drive. I make this.. but my windows 2003 std server go crazy.
In this moment raid matrix is in rebuild state...

what can i do?

thank's
8 REPLIES 8
DSingh
Advisor

Hi

I have faced the similar issue with ML370 G3 server.

After I re-enable the Logical drive by pressing F1. Logical drive started rebuilding but Windows 2003 server ent edition was not able to boot.OS was behaving eractly.

Then I repair the OS by booting from OS CD

And it worked !

Now everything is working fine.

SO I will recommend you to repair OS. it should resolve the issue.

Now the question is why logical drive got disabled so the answer is- Server would have suddenly rebooted or shutoff due to some power issue at time when Array Controller was writing somefiles on the HDDs (and OS will be get currupted if those files are system files)

cipo

Hello and many many thank's
But, is for the first time when i see this big problem.
please tell me the steps for recovering from windows cd, because i don't wan't to mess everything.

Many many thanks.
DSingh
Advisor

Follow following steps
Boot from the OS cd
When u will get a fisrt screen asking for following options
Press Enter to continue
Press R fo repair
Press F3 for Quit

Here press enter to continue
after u will press F8 to accept the License Agreement
You will get another option saying Press R for repair and below it will show u the patch of ur existing Windows Directory, rest process is just like installing windows follow the process. after successfull completion u server will be resotred as it was before (including all the settings will be intact)

DO NOT PROCEED If u will not get Press R for repair option after Pressing F8 (LA page). If you will get screen showing all partitions available in ur server after pressing F8, quit the installation as it is asking u for a fresh installation not for the repair.

cipo

Hello,

It's a real disaster !!!!
I have acces to data from bad logical drive, but i can't copy to IDE HDD.
surprise !!! IDE controller don't apeear with my IDE HDD.
why?

Any solution?

Thank's
YakkoLNK
Advisor

What exactly are your steps?
Are you booting the server from a CD like part PE and trying to save data in a HDD attached to the internal IDE controller?
If this are your steps try connecting and saving to an external USB Hard drive. It's more easy it will be correctly initialized.
cipo

Hello,

I'm not running BartPE or other liveCD. I run Hiren's with recovery tools. Everithing is ok... CD is on IDE controller and start. On the same controller i have IDE HDD for saving data. In recovery software this HDD is not present. All diagnostic tools of SmartStart see that IDE HDD. I try with external USB HDD, but no luck....

how can i solve this? I see my files, but i can't copy to external USB HDD or internal IDE HDD.
YakkoLNK
Advisor

Sorry no experience with Hiren's.
The problem is the Hiren's CD.
I usually use Bart PE or REATOGO burned with the correct drivers.
With this one i'm sure it will work even over a network or an USB external drive!
cipo

But BurtPE don't see may logical drive. Is posible to sleepstream this liveCD with the correct SmartArray drivers?
And other question: BurtPE don't have recovery software, how can i recover some data?
Thank you very much