1753514 Members
5304 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 Event 1133 - Fan Removed

Rcash_1
Advisor

ML350 G5 Event 1133 - Fan Removed

I have several ML350 G5 servers running windows 2008 R2 x64. After installing psp 8.30 I will get the following 1133 events in the system log at startup:

System Information Agent: Health: Fan Removed. A hot-plug fan has been removed from the system.
Chassis: '0'; Fan: '2'
[SNMP TRAP: 6039 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

This is followed immediatly by the following 1132 (informational) event:

System Information Agent: Health: Fan Inserted. A hot-plug fan has been inserted into the system.
Chassis: '0'; Fan: '2'
[SNMP TRAP: 6038 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

I will see these events 6 times in a row in the event logs.

7 REPLIES 7
Arnaud L

Same here running Windows Server 2003 on several ML350 G5 servers.

After installing PSP 8.30, those events shows up on startup on all our ML350 G5 servers.

We have also random "Fan Removed/Inserted" events on one server.

Any advice ?
Rcash_1
Advisor

I have logged a ticket with HP and sent them some data. I am still waiting for a reply from them.

I have found that if you downgrade the Insight Management Agents to version 8.26 the errors go away.
SmooshedFace76
Advisor

I'm experiencing the same problem with the ML350 G5 servers. It's only after installing PSP 8.30 along with the latest bios/firmware from the Version Control Agent.

After I upgrade the ILO FW, the power management controller for "blade servers" was installed. In the ILO, I have some new power mgmt options but I wonder why it installed the version for blades when this is a ML server. Hmmm! The VCA is now recommending FW v3.4 for Blade Servers. Very weird..

I can recreate the alerts by rebooting the server or manually restarting the mgmt agents.

Since upgrading to 8.30, the servers appear to ASR. We have it installed on 25 machines now to test and we've seen ASR's on 10 of those 25 servers. It's at random times and I'm not certain if it's related to the fan alerts.

I called HP and talked to escalation and they said the fan alerts would be addressed in a future release. This is apparently a known problem and it's more of annoyance we can ignore.

Anyone notice the new power mgmt controller issue as well?
Rajesh.Krishnan

Hi,

> Power Management Controller (c-Class blades)

I've got the same problem with several servers.

In VCA it shows version 1.0 installed and offers an update to 3.4.

It cannot be upgraded because it says "the required hardware is not present" and I do not know how to remove it.

There was a similar problem with the IPMI provider some years ago.

Best
Rcash_1
Advisor

HP Insight Management Agents 8.40 has been released and solved this issue for me.
Stelton

Could you please submit a link...