Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G5 Firmware Message During POST

SOLVED
Go to solution
neil barker
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G5 Firmware Message During POST

ML350 G5 with 8x36GB SFF Disks. Server installed using latest SmartStart and Firmware CDs (7.91). Running Windows Server 2003 R2 and fully patched.

Error message during post just after the array controller initialises stating disks should be upgraded to firmware level HPD7.

Problem: All disks are at the this firmware level yet the message persists.

Applied the very latest updates for the System ROM and E200i - no difference. Cannot find a new version of the disk firmware.

Servers appear to be running OK but they are not live yet and I am concerned that when they are used "in anger" this apparent problem may become a genuine problem.

Thanks

Kandle
7 REPLIES
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: ML350 G5 Firmware Message During POST

Hi,

I think there could be a newer version if your HDDs are model DF036ABAA7 (HPD8). Please download the FW CD 8.0, boot with the CD and try updating the FW.

neil barker
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

I will try the v8 firmware if there is an update for the relevant disk model, which I forgot to mention in my orignal posting is DH036ABAA5.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi, Neil,

Please, don't download it - what you need is not included.

This should help you:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1157687&prodNameId=1157689&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-8feb0f5355f548f9bde238c6e7

If the link doesn't work, try to reload it a couple of times :))

Kind regards,

Mi6t0
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Sammy, the FW CD has the older FW version for this HDD... it is useless to download the whole CD for the same firmware that Neil has.

neil barker
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to all for the prompt replies.

Link posted by Mi6t0 was for HPD9 for the specific disk model. Applying this firmware fixed the problem. Much appreciated.

neil barker
Occasional Advisor

See previous comment.