6249 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G5 - HP Insight Server Agents service

shuckie
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G5 - HP Insight Server Agents service

Hi everyone

I'm monitoring the above server via Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, and the HP Insight Server Agents service hung on starting with a "service or driver failed to start" error when the server was rebooted several days ago. The service was stuck in a Starting state which never changed to Started. Some other HP services also failed to start because they were dependent on this service.

Restarting the server made no difference, and it was not possible to stop or start the service using the Net Stop or Net Start commands. The only way to stop the service was by terminating the associated process via Task Manager.

I tried to uninstall all the existing HP software via Add/Remove Programs, however I received an error message about the HP Insight Server Agents service when I tried to uninstall HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003. I had to terminate the associated process before I could continue uninstalling the software.

I have been able to install most of the updated components from version 8.70 of the ProLiant Support Pack, however when HP Smart Update Manager tried to install HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003, the installation failed with the details shown in the attached log file.

Can anyone please tell me what impact there will be on monitoring this server via Microsoft Operations Manager and/or HP Systems Insight Manager without the above component installed? Also, why wasn't I able to install the component when the previous version was installed, and what do I need to do to be able to install the component?

Thanks in advance.

shuckie
3 REPLIES 3
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML350 G5 - HP Insight Server Agents service

Hello again everyone

Apologies if I'm not supposed to "bump" this thread, however I don't appear to have received a reply yet and this issue is still outstanding. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

shuckie
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

Hello again everyone

I still haven't received a response to this thread. I would be most grateful if someone could either; a) provide a solution to this problem or b) point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

shuckie
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

No-one has responded to this thread with a solution and I cannot wait any longer.