ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G5 - Memory Error / How to identify the memory Part No & Product No = P/N ?

Yasham
Visitor

ML350 G5 - Memory Error / How to identify the memory Part No & Product No = P/N ?

Hi All,

I have HP Proliant ML-350 G5 Server and it has 2gb =1*2 memory only, i tried to upgrade the memory but it is blinking in red, i tried all the ports

With P/N- 398708-061  , but i know the supported kit is 397415-B21

I have confused with this why it doesn't support.

4 REPLIES
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML350 G5 - Memory Error / How to identify the memory Part No & Product No = P/N ?

Hi,

Go back to the working config

Then www.crucial.com/uk and use their system scanner to tell you exactly which RAM module it is that you need.

Never fails

Excellent service

Cheers

Daren

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G5 - Memory Error / How to identify the memory Part No & Product No = P/N ?

hi,

The DIMMs must be installed in pairs, If you want to install more than one DIMM. That means that you need two indentical dimms installed in slots 1A and 5A.

Have You tested that?

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Yasham
Visitor

Yes Mr.PG, I tried same as u mentioned and also tried one by one in all slot but same red blink.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Your DIMM has the following spare - 416473-001

FBDIMM, registered DDR2, 4 GB* (only supported on servers with Intel Xeon 53xx processors) 416473-001

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c00727361

What's your CPU ?

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!