1752620 Members
4439 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 / NC373I / W2003R2 network hang with no error

Frederic LAURENT

ML350 G5 / NC373I / W2003R2 network hang with no error

Hi,

I have an ML350G5 with an integrated HP NIC373i. OS is W2003R2 ; all the patch, firmware and driver as up to date.
Sometimes the network hang with no error , the server not respond on the network even to a ping command but it work "locally", we can stop it correctly.

The network card is a multifunction hp nc373i with one rj45 connector, it seems to be a "software" card ? ...
We have no solution from hp , so if anyone know what is the problem ....
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Hi Frederic,

Try disabling the TOE and RSS 'features' of the NC373i by doing the following...

1. In the HP Network Config Util choose the NIC and hit properties. Advanced settings, and untick TOE (TCP Offload Engine) and RSS (Recieve Side Scaling).
2. In Device Manager, Choose the NIC and hit properties, disable TOE and RSS in there too.

There is a known issue with these new 'features' and Windows 2003!

Thanks
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Frederic LAURENT

Ok, I try this, i have nothing to lose ^^

I have the option "receive side scaling" ( RSS ) but not the TOE option ? May be it is IPV4 Checksum offload or IPV4 Large send Offload ?

I've only modify the driver's property ( 4.1.3 ) , i've already uninstalled hp nic software on hp demand.

Thanks

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

also can you run this command (cmd)

hpnetsvy > nic_survey.txt and post it here

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!