1751701 Members
5283 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 G5 P600 Array controller battery issue

crcaldwell
Occasional Visitor

ML350 G5 P600 Array controller battery issue

I've got a Proliant ML350 G5.  Recently the System Management Homepage starting throwing a warning on the Smart Array P600 Controller.  It shows that the controller is in a degraded state and the battery status is "failed" with an error code of "replace battery".  No big deal.  I've seen this before.  So our new battery came in last friday and we swapped it out.  I checked the System Management Homepage today (3 days later) and it still shows that the battery is failed. 

Is there something else I'm missing?  Some else I can do to test this?  Could the controller itself be faulty?

4 REPLIES 4
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ML350 G5 P600 Array controller battery issue

Still initial stages to decide if the controller is failed, do you have a cache installed ?

Also update controller firmware and update ACU/ADU , please post the adu report here .

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hi,

The P600 Array controller has 2 batteries. Please reconfirm if you have replace the right battery.

Update the controller firmware to available latest version following the below link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=466290&prodNameId=466291&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-bb0174793b7241eb87a4064786

Also reseat the controller cache and check if there is any change in the status.

It is recommended to replace both the batteries together. If replacing both the batteries together is not fixing the issue, please share the ADU report.

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
crcaldwell
Occasional Visitor

Is there one battery on the controller itself and one on the write cache module?  Are these both the same type of battery?

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Yes both are the same type, one is obviously the visible battery( secondary battery ) on the controller and the other battery( Main battery ) is underneath the BBWC ( cache module ) .

Here is the guide - Page no 17 - Instructions for removing the battery

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00440340/c00440340.pdf

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala