cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G5 Restarting/Shutting Down issues

adam dew
Occasional Visitor

ML350 G5 Restarting/Shutting Down issues

I have an ML350 G5 and for a while now it will not shut down or restart. We have run scripts to close the services that would affect the process but the unit just hangs after it has closed windows explorer and stays on the windows blue/green screen.

I have raised calls with HP and checked all the logs (HP and Windows)and found no issues, there is not a single error message in them.

The only way to reset the server is to manually power the unit off by holding down the power button, even then the HP power logs indicate that power was removed and then restored.

Please advise.
3 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G5 Restarting/Shutting Down issues

Hello Adam,

Whats the Version Of Firmwares / PSP installed ? What are the external devices connected to this server ? MSA/UPS..etc ?? Any ADD-on cards ?

Regards.
John Mark Johnston
Occasional Advisor

I had the same problem on a DL380 G5. I had to replace the sytem module.
adam dew
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for replying so fast.

There is a Smart UPS 1000VA attached to the server which is working ok.

As for the Firmware i am unable to tell you the exact revision but our site engineers updated both the Firmware and the BIOS last week with current revisions.

I am tempted to go with the system module error as we have experienced this before with ML 150 Models. Would there be any way of identifying any issues with the modules.

Regards, Adam