1748246 Members
3420 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 SAS LED NOT WORKING

Darren T
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G5 SAS LED NOT WORKING

Just got a new mL 350 G5 and bay 1 activity led (the green one) does not light at all but the blue ID light does when selected in the ACU. support said its the drive and are sending me a new one but i do not belive this will sort the issue as it looks to me that its just optics on the drive and the LED's are on the controller board at the back of the internal cage. Can anyone confirm this for me.
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Yes, Hot-Plug HDD have no LED itself.
The better way to determine failed drive - run diagnostic utility from Smart Start CD.
BR, Oleg.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00596191&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

As the Last option suggest, it might not be a part of array, or might be a spare or the drive is offline.

Cheers !
James.
Farooq Saleem
Frequent Advisor

I think James is right. If a harddrive is not a part of an array (or online spare) then it didn't show the green light. Check the Array Configuration Utility thourgh SmartStart (7.8) for the array configuration.
Darren T
Occasional Advisor

The Array was built by myself so there is no hot spare drive in the array. this issue is due to just the green led on the drive. it does not light. the blue id light shows when selected in the ACU but the green never lights. it did before. the whole array is functioning perfectly. it is purly just the green LED. hop this clears it up. talking to technical just now so will let you guys know.
Darren T
Occasional Advisor

Ok spoke to technical again. lol. yes i was right. dont know what the first guy was thinking???? it is the drive cage so we will see when i get the parts later in the week.
Darren T
Occasional Advisor

hope it works
sumesh2khotmail.com

Hi Darren,

I am facing similar issue with Ml350g5 and slot1 hard disk led . what was the final solution whicn resolved your issue.

Cheers