ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753822 Members
8831 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Herv├й91

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

Hello, sorry for my english i am french, so my English is bad

I have same same problem... i have lucky because i have two g5 and after check chip by chip

The problem for me was the Memory Expansion Board

may be that will be for you too

good luck

leofara

Hi,

I've a ML350 G5 that won't boot. The internal health LED is red, and the LED near CPU#1 is amber. I tried all the suggestions I read ( remove the ram modules, the bios batt, moving dip switch 6, etc.) here but nothing happens.

I also tried to connect to the IOL2 without success.

Can anyone help me ?  Thanks in advance!

Leo

pope-2009
Occasional Advisor

I have  an ML370 G5 server.It was working fine, but the mistake i made was removing the Harddisk while still in use.I also couldnt remember which order they were arranged in.

Now,when i boot the server doesnt display on the monitor and the RED LED is on.

Please advise me on what to do, coz i wouldn't want to lose such a server.

Thanks

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Even without disks it should reach the BIOS and boot selection at least. Check IML and ILO for problems.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
pope-2009
Occasional Advisor

thanks

i check  ....Check IML and ILO for problems....what do u mean?

How do i check the above?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

ILO should still work, connect to ILO and check the system status and logs.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Fossa

I┬┤ve a ML350 with 2 x Xeon 5060. I┬┤ve changed the mainboard(new Mainboard part nr. 439399-001)  due to incompatibility of supporting Xeon L5420. After changing and checking of all connections, I started the server. HDD were checked all fan┬┤s are spinning up but no graphical output. All fan┬┤s remains on top speed and nothing else happens.

I did the following (suggested earlier)             

get system off power,

get battery out of systemboard, pull all the memory and put 1 back,

look on the inside of the lid, on the drawing there is a system maintenance switch, switch number 6 on,put battery back,power back on and see what happens after a couple of minutes on the screen

But nothing changed. All LED┬┤s are green no error reported by the mainboard. Can anybody help?

masoksian
Occasional Visitor

I have same problem. AND BIG PROBLEM!!!!

Server all fan fully speed spin. and starting all healthy led greeen but after 2 or 3 seconds healty led is red. And mono IERR led RED and CPU 0 led amber and nothing post system.

Trying DIP switch 6 resetting the clear cmos but nothing.

CPU cool no heating.

north and east bridge normal heat and ram normal heat but CPU cool and error IERR CR59 led.

Please help me.

Ogyadam

wow it worked, the server is back on

thank you very much

i need help on this one too

1. the LED health light is still flashing red

2. my connected moniter is not displaying

3. the noise from the fans hasn't stopped in about 20minutes now

FaisalMansoori

Hi Buddy,

I did everything as you have mentioned but still didnt work. it boots only if i place a ram on the 4D, but then it gives a ram erorr and then i get a message system halted, could you please help me with this what should i do.