ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753802 Members
8209 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

SOLVED
Go to solution
FaisalMansoori

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

Actually my server was turned off from last 2 years and now today i have started.
zerodisbelief
Occasional Visitor

Yah I'm having the same problem. I tried the disconnecting the DVD & flipping the sixth switch / CMOS battery work around  but neither of them seemed to work.  I have no other red light except for the IERR CR59 LED. My CPU LED's are fine and all the front panel display lights are also green. I'm thinking that this could be a PSU issue for me. The PSU is making some sort of clicking sound that is remincent of something that sounds like electrical unstablility. Feels like there is too much drain on it and its having a tought time powering everything up. The PSU still has a green light though. 

The following is what I have in my ML350 G5, just the basic things that I need to make sure the server boots.:

- HP 407748-001 12VDC Processor Power Module For ProLiant G5 ML350 ML370

- HP SA641/642 128MB RAID Card BBWC 351580-B21/351580-001/356272-001/413486-001

- 32GB MEMORY KIT 8 x 4GB FBDIMM PC2-5300F 667MHz for HP PROLIANT ML370 ML350 G5

- Two Intel SLBBA - Quad Core X5460 3.16GHz CPU - 120V 3910B149

However I only have one PSU, so I'm thinking that I don't have enough power to run all the components. Would any of you know if having two Xeon Quad Core's running at 120V's needs two PSU's or not? If so I'll purchase a new one and see how things progress. 

Hope someone can help me!

egoncalves

hello I 'm here because I have the same problem

my server is a proliant ml 370 G5

the problem is the server turn on but the fans works at maximum speed for hours and no post no display.

Buy a motherboard and replaced the old but has the same problem. anyone knows any solution?

Gowlikar

Hi,

Your solution also help me. The server was dead till today (untill I saw the suggestion posted by you) and after 2 Years it woke-up because of you. Thank you very much.

With Thanks and Regards,

Gowlikar Srikanth.

deggialcfr

i have the same problem, did the unplug, remove battery, remove ram, dip switch 6, ram in, battery in, power on but it still wont do anything. Until last week, the server was working and then just one day i went into the room where the machine is located and two red leds were flashing. does anybody have another solution?

Also, it has only two hdds that were in RAID (i dont remember if 0 or 5), if i want to extract the info, can i just plug one drive into another server/computer and take out what i need? or do i have to put them in a machine with the same RAID configuration?

thanks.

Kvark
Trusted Contributor

Hello, may I join? :) I have same issue now:

1.jpg 2.jpg

2 CPU, 64Gb Ram, I was try to do as above - dosnt help - any ideas how to find out that is wrong with that sirver? 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In beer there is strenght!
In wine is wisdom!
In water is bacteria...
Bitburger
Occasional Visitor

Hey Leslie jij bent Nederlander toch?

ik heb dit soort gelijke probleem maar dan met een ML350 G6

had een andere video kaart ingestoken en alleen de bovenste 2 leds branden de power groen en

de Health rood blijft steeds loope dus aan uit aan uit mijn is gezegt dat mainboard opgeblazen is

maar las hier van jou dat dat misschien was op te lossen met een of andere 6 switch op mijn moederboard

maar die zie ik dus nergens

Patrick1337
Occasional Visitor

Hey bitburger

de switches zitten links onderaan het moederbord, klein bruin blokje met 8 witte schakelaars.

alles naar beneden is uit en als je 6 naar boven doet en de server aan zet is, zet je hem (zoals ik het begrepen heb) in self control

hoop je hiermee geholpen te hebben, ik heb namelijk het zelfde probleem server gaat ook niet meer aan :( 

NACIM
Advisor

Hello
Wait until how much time to see the server reaction
I have the same problem, I try your solution and it gives nothing give
;

I always have the led alert and no display on the screen

Dullerb
Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys,

I do have the same issue with ML310e Gen8, won't boot, red internal health LED.

No display from the server!!

Can Anyone help?