1752310 Members
6281 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G5

Spike Jones

ML350 G5

I need help - Two weeks ago my ML350 G5 started to restart itself for no apparent reason. after it happened 8 times I finally convinced HP to come and repair it. I had done all firmwre fixes and it was rebooting with 1794 Error -Battery Cache low replace.
replaced that with help from HP - still problem with restarting.

So HP have today replaced Motherboard and 128Cache. ....Same problem four hours later. Restarted. Check Windows event logs - no- thing indicated looming failure.

I am not sure what to do - have told Maintenance support (I have a 4 Hour response) that problem still exists - move to IBM?

6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G5

> with 1794 Error -Battery Cache low

That is usually normal when you replace the battery. The replaced battery needs some time to get charged up.

There are at least three sets of "Server Power removed" / "Server Power restored" erros. Are those from the maintenance shutdown or are thore the ones that caused the reboots? Do you know that you have good power going into this server? Are you using a UPS?
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Hi Spike ,
battery cache low will not cause server to reboot, new battery can take circa 36 hours to fully charge

get latest firmware for controller
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#29214

server reboots do you have 1 0r 2 power supplies ,
if one pull it check the end contacts any black marks

if you have a spare from another server try that , part HP spn nr should be 403781-001

?

best place to look for errors is the iml log,

if not reinsert it into the other slot

if it continues change psu,,and power backplane

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33
Alvaro Espinoza
Advisor

Not only that, make sure you're running the latest release of the Power supplies, revision 06M 403781-001, you can check this on the sticker of the PSU.

Make sure you're running all up to date and also run a memory dump to have Microsoft to read the dump file.
Spike Jones

>That is usually normal when you replace the >battery. The replaced battery needs some >time to get charged up.

The battery came out of the server when HP changed motherboard and cache - its been on charge for over a week.

>There are at least three sets of "Server >Power removed" / "Server Power restored" >erros. Are those from the maintenance >shutdown or are thore the ones that caused >the reboots? Do you know that you have good >power going into this server? Are you using >a UPS?

All caused by unexpected restarts

>re UPS ...Good point like your thinking - have had it with and without UPS over two weeks.
Spike Jones

Mark1234

>battery cache low will not cause server to >reboot, new battery can take circa 36 hours >to fully charge
Its been in server for over a week before HP changed motherboard.

>get latest firmware for controller
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=112158
6&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#29214

Done all firmware updates and that was update at midday today from HP FTP in front of HP engineer

>server reboots do you have 1 0r 2 power >supplies ,
>if one pull it check the end contacts any >black marks

Only one PSU - but thanks will check for arcing.

>best place to look for errors is the iml >log,

Where is IML log?

marcus1234
Honored Contributor

well spike, its the log in ilo but it can be viewed from the same page that you posted look on the left it says iml log iml integrated management log,

cuts out the chaff and it gets down to the point runs it sown linux kernal

if i wanted this server up and running quick i would
resest all card and cables first
if issue persists
try a new bacplane and psu , do not put old psu in with a new backplane they can wreck them be warned

enjoy and goodluck

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33