1753288 Members
5454 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G6 - DOWN!!!

Rid
Occasional Contributor

I had a same situation, it is required to replace backplane!

NG-OPS
Occasional Advisor

Hello Jorgen...sorry to drum up this old Thread, but What was the solution to your problem? I'm having the exact same behavior as your issue here, and was curious what was done to fix it for you. Thank you!

Atlan
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have this exact same problem. Server just stopped, flashing CR1 and CR2. Relpaced the powersupplies, nothing. Did you get to solve this?

Atlan
Occasional Visitor

While checking the system boards LED's booting up, the overheat LED blinked just a single time and immidiatelly put the front LED into status RED. So I let it cool down for 15 minutes. After this the system booted to the OS and I immidiatelly shut down all services so the CPU load would be minimal. This gave me the opportunity to update the system BIOS. After another reboot I checked HP Insight and the log was filled with "overheated zone #2". So I checked the internals and they we're all at normal temperatures. So maybe the BIOS update fixed some temperature measuring problems?

NG-OPS
Occasional Advisor

Interesting Atlan....shutting down the server for more than 15 minutes didn't work for me, it's been down for 3 days now, and left off overnight...next morning, same behavior.
I suspect my problem might be the BackPlane as mentioned by the previous poster, just based on what I was doing with the server right before it "went down." :) I was attempting to install a video card that required a power run from the PS. After plugging that in and finding the card didn't recognize in the OS, I shut it down and took it back out; after that, the server now is stuck in this loop. I suspect I may have shorted out the PS Backplane, as both PS's show green LED's on them.