ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748061 Members
5785 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G6 Netware Volumes Dismounting - Urgent!!

Bleeder
Frequent Advisor

There is a new Smart Array firmware 2.72 to fix this.
Elliott Scott
Occasional Advisor

I have the 2.72 firmware installed and it's giving me the same symptoms as described. The installation problem has been resolved but the BE issue still remains. Looking at Monitor, I see disk request count climb from 0 to 35 in mere moments, which tells me the controller is hung. I also see the 1719 error on hard reboot coming from the controller. Anyone else?

Elliott

Wouters Paul

I downgraded the firmware of the P410i to version 1.66.

I don't have any problems installing NW6.5SP8 only with large I/O traffic. Mostly after copying 1.5 G of Data my connection is broken.
(DATA volume is RAID5)

I have the same problem with BE as mentioned above. When loading BE, my sys volume dismounts & SYS pool desactivated. Only solution restart server with power button.

Anyone else with problems when generating large I/O traffic?
Elliott Scott
Occasional Advisor

I spoke with support yesterday. It sounds like BE is trying to talk directly to the firmware and asking it to do something it can't, which results in the controller getting hung. I decided to try a different tape backup application, HP Data protector Express, and produced the same results during the installation phase - the installation never completed. I'm not sure what other backup applications to try at this point. Support says that level 2 is working the issue.

Elliott
GAUTRON

Hi,

I have two DL360 G6 with array P410i. I install netware 6.5 sp8 up to date with edir 8.8 i try with edir 8.7.3 to make backup with netbackup client 5.1 mp3 or netbackup client 6.5.3.

the result is the same: server hang and freeze and all volumes was dismount (no way to make a coredump). I see a lot aof message before it freeze:
" HPQCISS: a command is taking too long to complete on teh adapter in slot 0. this might be caused by bad cables or a bad backplane or extraordinarily heavy I/O"

So i try different firmware for the p410i, but the fact is that with the firmware 1.66 the server mount volumes after reboot, but with firmware 2.50 or 2.72 not enought that the server freeze when i launch the netbackup client but the volumes can't be mounted after reboot.

I try since one month with novell on this case, but it seems really be a problem with the firmware of the p410i controller

regards
Joe Marshall (FCC)

This is an old issue, but it's now April... Has it ever been fixed? I tried the 3.00 firmware version and I'm still seeing the exact same issue when I start the Backup Exec agent. After a minute or so, I receive the errors on HQPCISS.NLM and the server completely locks up.

There's got to be a fix by now...?
Erik Walker

I opened a case with HP today and the issue is still not resolved. They have escalated it. but no ETR.
SMR
Valued Contributor

A fix is likely to come out next month. Everyone stay tuned.
Andre Southgate
Advisor

I've been hearing that every month since I logged the call initially. I wonder who I can contact to raise the escalation.
Joe Marshall (FCC)

We were finally successful with this issue today. Don't get too excited... The problem is still not resolved. We just complained enough that HP decided to temporarily send us another model of Smart Array controller (I believe it's something in the P800 series). They're sending us three for the three servers we bought with P410i cards.

So, the morale of the story is, convince HP to send you new array controllers. Even if it's just until they get the P410i controllers working, it's better than nothing.