ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753777 Members
7468 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G6 - POST Error 1785 Drive Array not Configured.

Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G6 - POST Error 1785 Drive Array not Configured.

Hi,

We just bought a new ML350 G6. Everytime the server reboots, the message: POST Error 1785-Drive Array not Configured appears in the Integrated Message Log. However, this message does not appear during POST operation.

There's only one controller (Smart Array P410i onboard) for this server and there's a RAID configured on it (2x 72GB in RAID 0+1).

Any clue how to troubleshoot this problem and how i can get rid of it ?

Best regards,

Eric
17 REPLIES 17
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

ithink with only two drives, you will be able to configure the Array only in RAID0 or RAID1.

mikap
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

It's logical that with 2 drives you can't make RAID 0+1, however, it's configured in a RAID 0+1 in ACU with only 2 drives.

Thanks for the reply !
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The IML message was created from the 1st time it booted when there was not an array configured. Clear the IML

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I did mark all events as repaired and reboot to test and the message appeared again.

Eric
GregRhein

Hey Eric,
You may want to double check the ROM on iLO2 as well as the system ROM if I remember iLO2 1.79 or E64 took care of this. Sorry can't remember which.
GregRhein

Sorry, I had to open another window to double check. It is actually the system BIOS and it is P64 at least on the DL360 G6 which we have and ML350 is in a similar family. I suspect exact issue resolved by system ROM update.
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I've upgraded iLo2 to latest version (1.79) and system BIOS was already to latest version (D22). Still getting the same message :\

Eric
GregRhein

WOW! Looks like maybe it wasn't fixed then. I looked up and the same text for fixes is in the P63 code of the ROM update for the DL360 G6

Version: 2009.03.28 (A) (15 Apr 2009)
Fixes
<<<<>>>
Resolved an issue where error messages from HP SmartArray controllers would be logged to the Integrated Management Log (IML) on every server boot, even after the error was resolved.
<<<<>>>>

I wonder if you can contact HP support and give jingle on the issue, cause form what I see it was supposed to be fixed. See above.
GregRhein

Sorry, I should have figured it would be too easy of a fix.