ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G6 - POST Error 1785 Drive Array not Configured.

Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G6 - POST Error 1785 Drive Array not Configured.

Hi,

We just bought a new ML350 G6. Everytime the server reboots, the message: POST Error 1785-Drive Array not Configured appears in the Integrated Message Log. However, this message does not appear during POST operation.

There's only one controller (Smart Array P410i onboard) for this server and there's a RAID configured on it (2x 72GB in RAID 0+1).

Any clue how to troubleshoot this problem and how i can get rid of it ?

Best regards,

Eric
17 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G6 - POST Error 1785 Drive Array not Configured.

hi,

ithink with only two drives, you will be able to configure the Array only in RAID0 or RAID1.

mikap
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

It's logical that with 2 drives you can't make RAID 0+1, however, it's configured in a RAID 0+1 in ACU with only 2 drives.

Thanks for the reply !
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The IML message was created from the 1st time it booted when there was not an array configured. Clear the IML

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I did mark all events as repaired and reboot to test and the message appeared again.

Eric
GregRhein
Occasional Visitor

Hey Eric,
You may want to double check the ROM on iLO2 as well as the system ROM if I remember iLO2 1.79 or E64 took care of this. Sorry can't remember which.
GregRhein
Occasional Visitor

Sorry, I had to open another window to double check. It is actually the system BIOS and it is P64 at least on the DL360 G6 which we have and ML350 is in a similar family. I suspect exact issue resolved by system ROM update.
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I've upgraded iLo2 to latest version (1.79) and system BIOS was already to latest version (D22). Still getting the same message :\

Eric
GregRhein
Occasional Visitor

WOW! Looks like maybe it wasn't fixed then. I looked up and the same text for fixes is in the P63 code of the ROM update for the DL360 G6

Version: 2009.03.28 (A) (15 Apr 2009)
Fixes
<<<<>>>
Resolved an issue where error messages from HP SmartArray controllers would be logged to the Integrated Management Log (IML) on every server boot, even after the error was resolved.
<<<<>>>>

I wonder if you can contact HP support and give jingle on the issue, cause form what I see it was supposed to be fixed. See above.
GregRhein
Occasional Visitor

Sorry, I should have figured it would be too easy of a fix.
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Yea, we'll contact HP over this. I'm pretty sure we could ignore the message, but i just want to make sure hehe

Thanks for trying !

Eric
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you cleared the IML through the iLO interface?

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
ssmalley77
Occasional Advisor

We are seeing the same problems:
ML350 G6
3 x 250GB SATA drives in port 2I on bay 6, 7 & 8
1 x logical drive
Smart Array P410i
We currently have no network cable attached to the ILO and as such are getting an alert but this is expected. We are alos getting an alert on every reboot for POST error 1785.

Drive firmware HPG2
Smart Array Firmware 1.62
System ROM 2009.03.28
iLO Controller driver 1.9.0.9

Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

We managed to get rid of the error.

We upgraded the RAID controller to latest firmware the error went away. However, we got another error:

POST-Error 1732 - Array Accelerator Battery Pack Missing - Array Accelerator Posted-Write Cache is Permanently Disabled - Array Accelerator will be re-enabled when additional battery packs are installed.

There's actually a battery installed, so after going into ACU and enabling Write-Cache, this error also went away.

After all this, there's still something strange going on. Both HDD are physically installed in Bay 1 and Bay 2. Starting from the left side of the bay. Now, on both HDD, both led (green and purple) are lit and steady. In ACU, HDD refer to Bay 7 and Bay 8, Box 1, Port1I, Slot 0.

Eric
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Quick update regarding firmware revision. It's 2.00.
TTr
Honored Contributor

The thread below shows the same problem with a P410 on a 380. Is that the latest 410 firmware?

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1372526
Eric Trepanier
Occasional Advisor

Reffering to this HP page, it looks like latest P410i firmware is 2.00.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3902575&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3902574&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2023&printver=true

Also, HDD model is HP DG072BAAJA and installed firmware is HPDA which is latest one as well.

Eric
TTr
Honored Contributor

Looks like HP needs to do yet another fix.

You may want to lit up each drive and see how their SA address translates to thei physical address.