Did you mean: 

ML350 G6 RAID5 Problem

mihaib200
Frequent Advisor

ML350 G6 RAID5 Problem

Hello,

I have one ML350 G6 with the following config:

-RAID1 (2HDD) - absolutely no problem here;

-RAID5 (4HDD) - HP EH0146FBQDC (HPD1); HP EG0146FARTR (HPD5); HP EG0146FAWHU (HPDE); HP DG0146FARVU (HPD2).

-Storage Controller P410i (3.66)

I received multiple post errors 3 or 4: "POST Error: 1716-Slot X Drive Array - Unregenerable Media Errors Detected on Drives during previous Rebuild or Auto-Reliability Monitoring (ARM) scan. Problem will be fixed automatically when the sector(s) are overwritten.",POST Messages,1,Caution,1"

I went to ACU (v 8.3) and i see status OK for all HDD's in RAID5 (leds all green), but "Parity Initialization Status : Initialization failed".

Also looked with HP Insight Diagnostic (8.7) and i see erorrs for all hard drives: "The read/write hard error rate recorded in the monitor and performance log is above the acceptable threshold". After running diagnostic test i got Insight Diagnostics Note for every hard drive in RAID5: "Physical Hard Drive X, Controller Slot 0-Diagnosis: Failed"

I just changed one of the hard disk 3 or 4 month ago. I'm a little bit confused now, why all the hard drives in RAID5 failed?

1 REPLY
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Re: ML350 G6 RAID5 Problem

Hello,

These messages appear by design when the controller is running a version of the firmware dated 2007 or later, if unrecoverable media errors were detected on one (or more) drives during the rebuild process.

When these messages appear after a rebuild, attempt to correct the condition by performing one (or both) of the following:

• Run a File System Check and Restore from a Backup
  • Reconfigure the Drive Array and Restore from a Backup

Moe information regarding "POST ERROR 1716" can be found on the below URL:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c01857445

Regards,

Renji V

I am an HP employee.

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....