1752826 Members
4145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G6 UPS issues?

alex_sun
Frequent Advisor

ML350G6 Power Supply Max. Inrush Current 30A , Max. Inrush Current duration 20mS. view UPS Specifications.
paul lowe_2
Occasional Advisor

John, Do you have the exact model number of your new UPS, I am having the same issue.

Cheers.
johnv_2
Occasional Advisor

andy-x
Advisor

I have a ML350 G6 with two power supply and a Tecnoware sine output 1,5Kw and work very well.
When i try with low cost UPS i have many problem. With UPS is best not joking...
sorry for my english.
Wayne Henegar
Frequent Advisor

I have the very same problem. HP support "thinks" that 1500va UPS should be plenty. I even have separate UPS's on each Power supply, and it shuts down immediately when power is removed from UPS.
johnv_2
Occasional Advisor

What model UPS's are you using?

John
Wayne Henegar
Frequent Advisor

I originally used an APC 750. When that wasn't adequate I switched to an APC Smart-UPS 1500. Currently I have one power supply plugged to the wall outlet, and the other to the 1500.
johnv_2
Occasional Advisor

You should not have any issue with that setup. Maybe you have an issue with the switching of the power supplies when one fails. Also, I think there is a bios setting how it the computer treats the power supplies, you may want to check that.

John
Wayne Henegar
Frequent Advisor

I thought about changing the power supply setting in the BIOS to BALANCED. Currently it is (can't quite remember the terms) High Efficiency...that uses both PS's. I also need to figure out how to set it to restart after a power outage. Sometimes it will, but it usually requires a press of the power button to restart.
Wayne Henegar
Frequent Advisor

Hey everyone,

I have been checking the HP SUPPORT FORUM and the HP IT RESOURCE CENTER. Threads are present on both about the problems I am having. 1) the ML350 G6 powers off for no know reason and does not restart (in these cases there is no apparent loss of AC power), and 2) the ML350 G6 does not stay powered-on during power outage even when on UPS of significant size.

Mine has been running for about 2 weeks now without #1 above occurring. I have upgraded ILO drivers, and firmware to 6.2. Yesterday I applied the P410 ROM flash. Initial results indicate that #1 may be resolved. Only time will tell├в ┬ж

On #2, the server shows about 2.1 amps draw when running normally, but will not stay on if I unplug the AC on an APC 1500va UPS. Does anyone know about the sensitivity of these new power supplies?

In the midst of this I had a tape drive fail, so I have had trouble isolating the issue with so many problems occurring... been chasing this servers problems for 3 months and bought two UPSs.

Wayne