1753774 Members
6588 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G6 UPS issues?

Wayne Henegar
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML350 G6 UPS issues?

I would love to get some re-imbursement, also. I sent a plea to my HP Partner representative, not for money, but for someone to run this up the chain for a fix. NO RESPONSE.

At least for new sales now, I am not embarrased because I have a fix, but the fix is more expensive UPS on original sale.
Ron Golesh
Advisor

FYI, we are a relatively large partner, and are getting NO response on this either. Customer call to complain to us, as the only responsive party involved.

Again, if HP does not step up, Dell, IBM and Cisco will. We would love to stay just with HP products for our server sales, but there is not any profit in the sales to begin with. To have us to the abuse for this sort of problem speak volumes on the commitment level of HP.
Jonas Eriksson

Hi all,

I got excactly the same issue as everyone else.
However, I only found the problem by accident and I may have good news for you all.

I ordered a brand new ML350 G6 with an extra PSU together with a Powerware 5125 UPS.

As soon as i tested out the UPS on battery power i started getting insight warnings from ONE of the PSU:s. When i tested having the ups on only that PSU the server infallibly stopped just like for you all.
I reported the "faulty" PSU and got a new one today, same problem...
But the other PSU was still working fine, hmm...

Turns out that the working PSU is a different model than the broken ones.

So, for all of you please verify the following:

BROKEN PSU
RMN: HSTNS-PL18
GPN: 506821-001
PN: 506822-201
Spare: 511778-001

WORKING PSU
RMN: HSTNS-PD18
GPN: 506821-001
PN: 506822-101
Spare: 511778-001

(FYI I live in Europe and these are 230V 750W PSU:s)
sliferdesigns1

Hi, I'm another annoyed HP customer dealing with this problem. Anyway, HP replaced the power supply on my ML350 G6 last week. Does anyone know if they are giving out power supplies that aren't so "picky" about the wave shape?
Tom Szabo
Occasional Advisor

The first ML350 G6 that I was troubleshooting did have the power supply replaced and the problem was still present. This was over two months ago though so perhaps things have changed.

We are now making sure that all new G6 servers have an APC Smart-UPS 1500SUA or better.
Ron Golesh
Advisor

Just another update. 5 customers, all with the same problem. All report it to HP, HP sends the same crap PS models back to them.

HP, this is costing you business. We are now telling our sales reps to sell anything but HP servers. Cisco and Dell are now the proper choice.
sliferdesigns1

I have a Smart UPS SC 1500, apparently not good enough. I switched from Dell servers, some running flawlessly now for over 8 years, to HP because management wanted something more "reliable." What a joke.
Carlos Magallon

Hello HP we don't see your professional answer and support, our company
bought an expensive UPS to "Fix" this issue, and the problem still here.
Our server have an [APC TrippLite Model: SU3000XL] with a nice and clean
power supply.

Now, we are in Acapulco in a congress and our powerful server is power off
down every hour and stopping the registration process.

Thank you Wyne for bring to us this detailed and useful information.

We will try to fix this issue at the end of this event. With P410 ROM flash and ILO update.

Carlos Magallon
Ron Golesh
Advisor

If anyone has a ticket with HP open, or a response from HP that has contact information for HP, can you please post it?

There are 5 or 6 forums, with this same topic, and it seems HP is just ignoring answering or supporting ANY of them.

We need to all inundate HP with questions and the needs for a response.

Carlos Magallon

Hello Johny your are right, follow this link: http://twitter.com/hp_ml350_g6 You can say anything you want.