1748268 Members
3409 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G6 issues

David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G6 issues

Took delivery of an ML350 G6, model 470065-164. It's currently running Server 2003 R2 standard.

When I went to install our Kaspersky antivirus software the server stopped, displaying "system halted please see hardware vendor". I took all the ram out and left just 2gb in and the system is ok again. Just googling this I saw reference that I should disable the av check in the bios or check the ram.

Can you advise please as I would ike to use all the ram?

Currently the server is up and running on 2gb
8 REPLIES 8
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Re: ML350 G6 issues

Hi!
You should have a CDs with your server - try to boot from it and run diagnostic tools. AFAIK they should be on a SmartStart CD.

Regards,
Philipp.
David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Phillip,

Many thanks for the quick response. Will boot from SmartStart and see what happens.

Regards,
Dave
David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

SmartStart showed nothing. The issue appears to be when installing Kaspersky Version 6. While installing the message says System Halted.

The only way it works is when using only 2GB RAM on the 1st Processor. Tried putting the 2nd 2GB DIMM in each of the additional 8 DIMM slots available and the same error occurs.

We're trying Kasperskey also to see if it's a compatibility issue with G6's. There are 9 ML350 G5's all running this fine.

Many thanks,
Dave
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

good luck :)
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi David,

Solution

RBSU enter the System Options -> Processor Options -> No-run Memory Protection > Disable set.

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Erdogan,

many thanks for the info. IT Engineer is trying this now, will update you :o)
David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Erdogan,

Unfortunately this did not work. many thanks for the response,

Dave
David Ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

Issue resolved. It's a long way round but here goes. If you're running Kesperskey Application version 6.0.4.12.12, this will address 2GB RAM on the initial install and crash the Server (if you have more than 2GB already in)

The way round this is to install with 2GB. De-install it. Seat additional Memory, and re-install the AV. Not sure why it's done but there's now a fully working ML350 G6 :o)

Thanks
Dave