Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML350 G6 special tower slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors

wobblers
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G6 special tower slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors

Hi

one of our servers crahsed both (2) hard drives failed and we have purchased new ones fitted them put in Raid and put on OS windows server 2003 - everything appears to be up and running correctly but when we start up the server and it is going through it´s process we get the "slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors dectected etc etc" as in attachment.  I have not pressed f8 or anything and it boots up into windows - I just wondered does this mean 1 of the new hard drives is faulty or is there something I need to do ? 

You help would be very much appreciated

Kind regards

Kay

2 REPLIES
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 G6 special tower slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors

hi,

Please update the FW of the controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3883890&prodNameId=3883931&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-edd11708fefa4ef1aab3fa237b

Please attach an ACU report, if the issue remains after the update.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!

Re: ML350 G6 special tower slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors

At this stage it could be early to conclude so. In addition to updating the firmware of the array controller, please update the server’s BIOS, and also the firmware of the hard drives. If the issue exists after updating the BIOS, then Smart Array Controller and the hard drives then generate the Array Diagnostics Utility (ADU) and contact HP Support for further assistance.

Options to contact HP support:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/?ac.admitted=1348845956375.876444892.492883150

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and is not the views of HPE
To say thanks click the white "thumbs up" icon below!!!