ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753789 Members
7683 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 Gen 9 Intelligent Provisioning not installing any utilities in Server 2012 R2

ICS_CS
Occasional Advisor

ML350 Gen 9 Intelligent Provisioning not installing any utilities in Server 2012 R2

Interesting problem with our first Gen9 ML350:  We go through the usual Intelligent Provisioning routine to install the OS, and it does install, but NONE of the usual HP tools/utilities are there (System Management Homepage, SmartArray configurator, etc).

The Intelligent Provisioning image on the server is the latest, all the firmware are up to date etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 Gen 9 Intelligent Provisioning not installing any utilities in Server 2012 R2

Hi,

You may try reflashing Intelligent Provisioning. You may download the utility from here. If the issue is not resolved, then contact HP Support for further assistance,

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

jimdunleavy
Frequent Visitor

Re: ML350 Gen 9 Intelligent Provisioning not installing any utilities in Server 2012 R2

I've got exactly the same issue with an ML350 Gen 9 and had to download all of the utilities from HP's web site, I also did a late version of an ML350P Gen8 and that did the same thing. So on my server I've created two folders containing all of the necessary utilities for both versions, what's really galling is that you can no longer download the relevant SPP without having "entitlement" which involves having a system under warranty, the troubke is that you can't register the new server as it doesn't recognise the serial number!!!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

if the system is not recognising your serial numbers please call support. I attached 3 or 4 Gen9 servers to my passport ID a week or so ago without any issue.

Also make  sure you are on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise support site and not the HP Inc. support site

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc?cc=us&lang=en-us&ac.admitted=1440012161525.125225703.1851288163

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That the utlilites are not installed is per design

The following applications are not installed automatically with Intelligent Provisioning. They
can be installed by running the SPP.
◦ HP ProLiant Agentless Management Service
◦ HP Network Configuration Utility for Windows
◦ HP Smart Storage Administrator (HP SSA)
◦ HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility
◦ HP Insight Diagnostics

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04419967.pdf