1753407 Members
7001 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 Gen6 - power on failure

edjc3
Occasional Contributor

ML350 Gen6 - power on failure

I have a Proliant ML350 Gen6 server that was having problems with randomly shutting off. I could power it back on and it would stay afloat for a day or an hour and then shut back off.

I tested the power supplies in a similiar model and found those to be in working order. I then read that this problem was caused by a failing system board. I have since replaced the system board, but the problem remains. I can hear the system begin to power on but then it dies, tries again one or two more times, then dies for good. I was never able to see anything in the logs warning of a component failure or an impending drive failure, etc. Server has been working fine without any issue for the past 8 months.

Am I at a point where the Power Supply Backplane might have failed? I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 Gen6 - power on failure

Sounds like the power supply is sensing an over voltage / short. Even though you've replaced the system board, have you tried unplugging everything except the minimal connections needed to get the system to power on?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
edjc3
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML350 Gen6 - power on failure

Thanks for your reply. No, I have not yet parsed out all of the components, but I will try that. I'm using 110V household circuits and it was working fine until recently. I have also tested using different outlets, but I will try making as many disconnections as possible to test a boot. Thanks.