1752812 Members
5993 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 Memory

mark willshire
Occasional Contributor

ML350 Memory

I have been asked to provide memory for a proliant ML350.
Can anyone tell me if I need to install two dimms or can I just use the one?
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Mark,
You need to install one module only in this server. Just make sure that it is ECC SDRAM. Here are the spare P/Ns just in case you need them:

Compaq DIMM Option Kit Part Numbers
Part Numbers DIMM Option Kit Description
128279-B21 512-MB PC133-MHz Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM Memory Option Kit
128278-B21 256-MB PC133-MHz Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM Memory Option Kit
128277-B21 128-MB PC133-MHz Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM Memory Option Kit
128276-B21 64-MB PC133-MHz Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM Memory Option Kit
128280-B21 1024-MB PC133-MHz Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM Memory Option Kit (supported by 1-GHz models only)

Cheers,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello ark,
Please keep in mind the following:

Memory Configuration
DIMMs must be industry-standard 168-pin PC 133-MHz or faster Registered SDRAM DIMMs.
The SDRAM DIMMs must support CAS Latency 2 or 3 (CL=2 or CL=3). They must also contain the mandatory Joint Electronic Device Engineering Council (JEDEC) Serial Presence Detect (SPD) information.
Do not mix ECC and non-ECC SDRAM DIMMs. If different types of DIMMs are mixed, the system does not properly function.
A DIMM can be installed only one way. Be sure to match the two key slots on the DIMM with the tab on the DIMM socket. Push the DIMM down into the DIMM socket, ensuring that it is fully inserted and properly seated.
DIMMs do not need to be installed in pairs and can be installed in any sequence.
The server is shipped with one DIMM in DIMM slot 1.
Memory can be added one module at a time.
Use only Compaq DIMMs. DIMMs from other sources can adversely affect data integrity.
All DIMMs must be the same speed.

Cheers,